The American Institute of Architects, Huron Valley chapter is pleased to announce the following upcoming event:
October 17th, 2012
a documentary film by Gary Hustwit,
director of Helvetica
AIA Huron Valley is proud to announce Archifest, a biennial event showcasing AIA Huron Valley members and their work in a fun, social setting. The event is free to all members; more importantly, each member that registers is entitled to a free drink!
The AIAHV annual meeting, elections, and reception begin at 5:00 pm (guests welcome). ArchiFest opens to the public at 6:00 pm. The film begins at 6:30 pm and is open to the general public.Only members wishing to attend need to register.
Submit your boards today! - they are due October 11, 2012
Submit a board (or boards) for exhibit at Archifest and for the Archifest board exhibit traveling around the Huron Valley Area in 2013!
All costs for printing and mounting are covered by the registration fee!
The Archifest title-block is the same as for the Honor Awards title-block (except the date of course) so you can always tweak your honor award submission and re-submit for inclusion in the exhibit... get that extra mileage out of your previous submissions!!!
There is a limit to the number of boards that can be displayed in the lobby, so reservations are now on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Board Submission Notes:
- Any AIA Huron Valley member firm may submit up to four (4) boards (in digital format to be printed and mounted by AIAHV) for a fee of $75 per board. The projects depicted must be designed under the direction of a current member of this chapter. There is no limit to the age of the project, and there is no limit to the number of projects displayed per board. The boards are 24”x24” (same as Honor Awards), and there will be a minimal “title block” required for each board (see below for a link to the template).
- You will receive (2) free drink tickets and (2) free movie tickets with each board purchased.
- To download the board template, please click here: 2012_Archifest_Display_Board_Template.ppt
- When ready for production, but no later than close of business on 10/11/12, e-mail your .PDF files to: upload.Archife.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that file size is not limited on the receiving end; however, your email system will likely limit the size of attachments you can send. For example, g-mail limits attachment sizes to 25MB. If you suspect that your file will be in excess of your mail system’s upload limit, please contact us at email@example.com to setup a dedicated box.com folder for you to upload to.