AIA Huron Valley is pleased to join with Bolyard Lumber on Jackson Road to present a 2 Hour Continuing Education Lunch and Learn Event on Tuesday December 18th from 11 AM to 1:30 PM
Location: Bolyard Lumber, 5851 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Parking: available on site
PPE and Other Gear Required: No special gear.
Continuing Education: This presentation is accredited for 2 total LU/HSW continuing education credit. Marvin Windows AAMA Standards for Fenestration, AAMA2015, 1 HR LU and Marvin Windows Historic Rehabilitation: Window and Door Solutions REHAB17, 1 HR LU/HSW
- Arrive by 10:50 AM to check in and see Bolyard Lumber
- 11 AM -12 noon: AAMA Standards for Fenestration
- 12-12:30 PM Lunch provided by Bolyard Lumber
- 12:30-1:30: Historic Rehabilitation: Window and Door Solutions
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different fenestration substrates, including extruded aluminum, roll form aluminum, pultruded fiberglass and vinyl.
- Identify the various fenestration surface finishes and their characteristics.
- Examine AAMA's role in identifying and evaluating high-performance fenestration finishes; including their nine standards for substrates and finishes.
- Describe AAMA test procedures used to evaluate substrates and finishes.
- Apply initial planning and research methods for historic rehabilitation.
- Discuss the standards and guidelines for the rehabilitation of historic windows and determine window replacement challenges and considerations, especially for historic tax credit projects.
- Assess existing window and door conditions prior to determining a rehabilitation plan.
- Compare possible solutions for historic rehabilitation projects.
Cost: FREE for AIAHV Members, Associate Members and Students, $20 for Non-Members
Presenters: Charles M. of Marvin Windows and Doors, Ross Josephson of Bolyard Lumber
Lunch will be provided.
Questions? Contact: Theresa Angelini, email@example.com
Please register soon as spaces are limited!